Get Plugged Into The Future with Energy Solutions
As the future is heading towards sustainability, the demand for Oregon City electric car charger installation services has surged. This is where Energy Solutions comes in to serve homeowners and commercial building owners.
Why Choose Us for EV Charger Installation?
We pride ourselves in providing top-notch EV charger installation services in Oregon City. Why choose us?
- Expert Installation: Our team comprises trained and certified electricians who have in-depth knowledge and years of experience in EV charger installation.
- Customized Solutions: We understand that every customer’s needs are unique. We offer tailored solutions to meet these varying requirements.
- Quality and Safety: We use high-quality charging equipment and ensure safety measures are strictly followed throughout the installation process.
Categories of Electric Car Chargers
There are three primary types of electric car chargers: Level 1, Level 2, and DC fast chargers.
- Level 1 Charger: Utilizes a standard wall outlet to provide a slow charge to your vehicle’s battery, taking up to 24 hours for a full charge. It will cost around $0.10 per kWh. If you’re searching for an affordable option that requires no installation, this charger may be suitable.
- Level 2 Charger: Operates on 240V power from an external electrical box installed by an electrician outside your home or business. It offers up to 7kW of power at once, equivalent to about 20 miles per hour, and takes 4-6 hours for most EVs to charge fully.
- DC Fast Charging: A high-powered EV charging system that supplies direct current (DC) to the vehicle’s battery, significantly reducing charging times. It can replenish an EV’s battery to 80% capacity within 20-30 minutes, making it perfect for long-distance travel and on-the-go charging requirements. They are commonly found along highways, commercial areas, and public EV charging stations.
Benefits of Electric EV Chargers
The transition to electric vehicles comes with numerous benefits, further enhanced by installing an EV charger at home or in your commercial building. With Energy Solutions, you can reap the following benefits:
- Convenience: Charge your vehicle at your own time and pace. No more waiting in line at public charging stations.
- Cost Savings: Lower your fuel costs significantly by switching to electricity, and control when you charge to take advantage of off-peak electricity rates.
- Increased Property Value: Studies show that homes and commercial buildings equipped with EV chargers have increased property value (source).
- Environmentally Friendly: Electric vehicles emit zero tailpipe emissions, contributing to improved air quality and reduced environmental impact.
- Future-Proofing: With a shift towards sustainable transport, having an EV charger ensures you’re prepared for the future and can accommodate the growing market of electric vehicle users.
Importance of Home Charging
Oregon is leading the charge in electric vehicle adoption, with over 31,977 registered EVs as of 2022 (source). Home charging is vital for electric vehicle owners. It provides convenience, cost savings, and a full “tank” every morning. The majority of electric vehicle charging happens at home, and with our expert services, you can take full advantage of this.
Commercial Building EV Chargers
It’s not just homeowners who can benefit from electric car charger installations. Commercial building owners can attract a new segment of eco-conscious customers, providing a value-added service while promoting sustainability. According to the International Energy Agency, global EV sales increased by 40% in 2020 (source). As such, installing EV chargers is a strategic move to future-proof your business.
Oregon Incentives & Rebates for EVs
In Oregon, there are several incentives at both federal and local levels aimed at making the installation of Electric Vehicle (EV) chargers more financially feasible for residents. These Oregon incentives for EV chargers range from federal tax credits to rebates offered by local utility companies such as Portland General Electric (PGE).
Understanding these incentives can help reduce the costs of switching to an EV and make the process more straightforward.
The federal government offers a tax credit of up to $7,500 for the purchase and installation of an EV charger. Eligibility requirements include:
- The vehicle must be purchased or leased new (not used) by you, your spouse, or your business in the year you claim the credit.
- You must use the vehicle primarily for business purposes. This means that at least 50% of miles driven are for business purposes; otherwise, only 50% of eligible costs can be claimed as a deduction on your income tax return.
- If you lease rather than buy your electric car, you may claim 100% of eligible costs if they exceed $50 per month over 36 months or less than $50 per month over 36 months.* Some states offer additional incentives through state-funded programs such as rebates on EV chargers and/or utility company incentives like discounted electricity rates during off-peak hours when demand is low (usually evenings).
PGE offers a range of EV charger rebates for both standard and income-qualified customers:
- Income-Qualified Standard Level 2 Charger Rebate: Up to $1,000 (must meet income qualifications)
- Electrical Panel Upgrade Rebate: Up to $1,000 (requires qualifying Level 2 charger and panel upgrade)
- Income-Qualified Electrical Panel Upgrade Rebate: Up to $5,000 (must meet income qualifications)
- Tesla Non-Qualifying Level 2 Charger Rebate: $50 (participate in PGE Smart Charging Program)
- “Bring Your Own Charger” Rebate: $50 (for previously installed qualifying chargers)
These rebates aim to make EV charger installation more accessible and affordable for PGE customers.
***These incentives are subject to change** (Get my free quote today)
Understanding the Cost of EV Charger Installation
The cost of installing an EV charger at your home or business can vary depending on several factors, including the type of charger you choose, the required electrical upgrades, and any permitting or inspection fees.
Here’s a breakdown of the costs you might expect:
- Charger Costs: Level 1 chargers are the most affordable option, typically ranging from $300 to $600. Level 2 chargers can cost between $500 and $2,000, depending on the brand and features. DC fast chargers are the most expensive option, with prices starting at $10,000 and going up from there, depending on the charging capacity and features.
- Electrical Upgrades: If your home or business requires electrical upgrades to accommodate the EV charger, you can expect to pay between $1,000 and $3,000. This cost may vary depending on the complexity of the installation and the specific needs of your property.
- Permitting and Inspection Fees: Depending on your local regulations, you may need to obtain permits and schedule inspections for your EV charger installation. These fees can range from $100 to $500.
Integrating Solar and Battery Backup Systems
With the rise in renewable energy solutions, coupling your electric vehicle charging station with a solar and battery backup system can provide immense benefits. This setup not only aligns with the eco-friendly spirit of electric vehicles but also enhances your energy independence and cost efficiency.
Harnessing the power of the sun through solar panels can generate electricity for your home and your EV charger. Any surplus energy produced can be stored in your battery backup system, ready to be used when solar power is less abundant, such as during night-time or cloudy days.
Get Plugged-In With Energy Solutions
As Oregon City moves towards a more sustainable future, we’re here to help you make the transition as smooth as possible. Our electric car charger installations are tailored to suit your unique needs, performed by certified professionals. Whether you’re a homeowner looking for convenience or a commercial building owner aiming to cater to a growing EV market, Energy Solutions has got you covered.
We’re ready to help you plug into the future. Contact us today to schedule your EV charger installation and become a part of the green revolution.
Don’t Live in Oregon City?
We service a wide area of western Oregon surrounding our home base of Oregon City. These cities include, but are not limited to the following. If you don’t see your city listed, try contacting our customer support and asking if our service area reaches you. Sometimes we make exceptions based on the situation.
- See our Oregon EV Charger Guide